Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome To 2008 - Goodbye Vacation

Back To Work

Well, I guess it was inevitable.  My vacation is over, and I'm returning to my full-time job tomorrow.  After being gone since December 13th, it's going to be quite a shock to be back. Since they didn't call me during my vacation, I can only assume that everything is running smoothly and I won't be walking into a big mess...hopefully.  

It will be nice to see everyone again. 

Grape Vines, Anyone?

I just got off the torch after spending a few hours creating three focal beads.  That's right, I did say 3 hours for just three beads.  These are more grape focals for spring.  While I've made these kind of beads before, I've never been completely happy with the backgrounds used on the beads.  These are going to a bit different in that they are solid color backgrounds which have been encased before having the grapes and vines added.  The grapes should float above the background for added depth and interest.  

If I like how they come out,  I'll experiment a bit with adding some additional patterns to the background, but I don't want it to be so busy you can't see the grapes.  Pictures will be coming later in the week.

New Set For Etsy!

I'll be loading up a new set of beads into my Etsy shop tomorrow morning before heading out to work.  This is a small set of lentils on a bright golden background and decorated with frit in shades of blue and green.    These little babies would make a terrific bracelet.  


I haven't decided on a name yet, but I've been thinking of Hawaiian Sunrise or Tropical Sunshine.   You'll just have to pop into Etsy to find out tomorrow!

I would love to hear from you if you visit, so please don't be shy.  Feel free to leave a comment or two.  

Have a great evening, Everyone!

No comments: