Monday, January 21, 2008

More Productivity--But Where's My Wire?

Tonight I skipped the gym completely due to all of the things I had waiting for me here to do.   Amazingly, I got most of it done while still seeing the latest episode of Medium. 
Tonight I:
  • Created A Pendant w/Matching Earrings for a custom order
  • Cleaned a large batch of beads that I made yesterday with my diamond-bit dremel
  • Strung up the bead sets (more about this later)
  • Imported, sized and color-corrected pictures for a custom order
  • E-mailed the pictures to the client for their input on the designs
  • And searched the house for my silver florist wire
I have a new set of small-hole lentils in the beads I cleaned up tonight, but I needed my silver florist wire since it is thin and goes into the holes easily.  Was it on the table in the kitchen (where I think I used it last)?  NO.  Was it in my studio?  NO.  Was it in my office, desk, or dresser?  NO, NO NO!   

It's very frustrating, since I cannot seem to locate it and I have these beads that I cannot string.  If I cannot string them onto something, then I cannot photograph them so you can see them and I can post them to my Etsy store.    Hopefully, I'll get a vision in my dreams tonight about there that wire walked off to so I can continue in the morning.

New Etsy Shop Item For Tomorrow

Tomorrow morning, this lovely grape focal bead will be going up in my Etsy shop.  

It's a small bicone shape draped with four grape clusters and accented with green leaves and earthy brown vines.  Like the other two vineyard beads from this year, the grapes, vines and leaves are arranged onto a clear encasing layer which makes them "float" above the background. 

I love the vibrant tones of this focal, and I hope you do too.  I've decided to call this bead "Sunrise Mertot" since the background reminds me of a beautiful morning sunrise somewhere far, far away from the cold that is Chicago at this time of year.  While I love grapes, I really don't know that much about wine, so please do not accost me if Merlot is not made from purple grapes.  

If someone does know about wines and grapes and would like to educate us, please feel free to leave a comment on the posting.  I try to always respond and keep the dialog going, so don't be shy.

Otherwise, have a terrific night and great day tomorrow.


No comments: