Thursday, January 10, 2008

No Sour Grapes! - New Small Focal

Today's new posting of the Forest Hideaway bead was very well received--it has sold already.  I'm so pleased that it and Lava Flows will be heading out to great new home in Rhode Island.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I have several grape focals coming to my Etsy shop, and this is the first one:  Bacchus' Delight.  A number of my customers have requested smaller raised floral beads, and this is the first in the series where
 I've miniaturized the raised grape designs.

I'm still experimenting with the types of backgrounds I like on these beads, so this (and the other two I've done recently) have a pastel background.  I've encased, or covered in a transparent glass, the pastel color before applying the 
grapes for added depth.  The raised design just floats above the clear blue sky in the back-ground.

As the pictures indicate, this one is designed to be  hung horizontally in the jewelry.  Designing grape and floral beads in this orientation is also new for me.

I'll be working on some new raised floral designs with red roses for a custom order I'll be designing this weekend.  I've got a few different designs in mind, so I should have more florals in the coming week as well.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this bead, and let me know if you have any questions or comments.  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: