Friday, January 25, 2008

Good Morning, Class!

Tomorrow is a very big day for me since I'm going to be teaching a lampworking class at O'Reilly's Stained Glass.  I'm really looking forward to it since these are usually a lot of fun for me as well as (I hope) for the students.

This one is an intermediate class, and I'll have two students.  Usually, these classes are one-on-one, so this will be my first class with two students.  

Usually, this class focuses on pulling stringers (think rods of glass), making canes (long, multi-colored, sometimes twisted rods of glass), encasing (covering beads in a clear layer of glass) and making one of my favorite beads--Tiger print.

I'll be teaching on a minor torch--remember from my second post?

At any rate, one of my students is a customer of mine and good friend; she's bringing her digital camera for pictures and is willing to let me use some on this blog and web site.  Hopefully, I'll have some updated pictures of myself (which I never take) as well as me working on the torch (which are very hard for me to take when I've got a hand full of hot glass).

Until next time, have  a great weekend and stay safe!

P.S.  Bananas Foster is coming!

No comments: