Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Jewelry In The Works

Attention all you purple lovers out there...

I've got a new jewelry ensemble in the works, and it utilizes my first set of hollow beads that I ever made.  


The bead set being used, "Deep Purple",  has been rolled in a wonderful frit which gives thema  mottled and varied hue;  the set also includes coordinating disk beads.  I'm so anxious to show it off to you, but I've just started it tonight. 

The new ensemble will be a necklace and matching bracelet created in chain mail.

I've been thinking about taking this set of beads out of my shop for a while since I have been visualizing using it a new design, but I wasn't sure if the design in my head would come out looking right or not once it was put together.

I evaluated several different construction techniques and ruled out several of them until I settled on the chain mail design connecting beaded components on sterling silver wire.

I should have the two pieces done by the end of the weekend, and I can't wait to show it to you.

Until then, I hope you have a great Friday! 

No comments: