Monday, March 3, 2008

More Pictures Loaded To Web Site - No Wine Stoppers

Tonight, I've uploaded more pictures into my web site's Vineyard Focals 2008 gallery to include last week's beads that were added to my Etsy shop.

A new blog entry on the site was also entered, and if you'd like to check it out, be sure to visit my web site at www.LampOfLuxury.com

OOPS!

Yesterday, while on the torch I made several new vineyard beads that I was planning on using as wine stoppers.  They came out of the kiln this morning and I was really pleased with them.  I thought they'd make awesome wine stoppers.

I cleaned each bead and then carefully took them over to the jewelry table and put the first one onto the stopper.  The hole was a perfect fit, but...

...the beads are too TALL for the stoppers.  I cannot put the ball back onto the end of the rod that runs through the middle of the bead!  

I thought I had the lengths perfect, but the beads must have grown a bit when I was shaping them.  I'm going to need a better measuring system for making these beads before I attempt them again this weekend.

What's New?

Oh well, my wine stopper debacle isn't about to prevent me from listing the beads I made them.  So, for tomorrow's listing I'm putting up one these beads for you to see and judge for yourself whether it would have been a great wine stopper topper (say that 10 times fast!).

"Midnight In The Garden"  is the first of these beads that I will be putting up tomorrow.  On this bead, the grapes have not fully ripened yet.  Ripening red grapes and ripe purple grapes adorn each branch of this vine as the fruit transitions to its full flavor.

Set against a black cone bead, these vines and grape clusters really stand out.  Be sure to check out all of the pictures and sizes in my Etsy shop tomorrow!

Sleep well!

No comments: