Friday, February 22, 2008

The Tax Man Cometh And Other Disappointments

Well, I'm probably up way too late tonight since I have an early morning meeting with my accountant, but I'm pulling together all of the paperwork that I need to take with me in the morning.

While I'm anxious to find out what my refund will be for the personal taxes, it's always a little nerve wracking to put everything down onto paper and let an outsider scrutinize it and ask questions.  I'm always afraid they're going to find that I've done something wrong.

Fortunately, that has not yet happened in the four years I've been running this business.  So, it's doubtful that this will be the year for a major mistake.

After the tax meeting, I'll be heading over to the glass store for a bit of a visit and to pick up the beads that I made during the class I taught a few weeks ago.  

No Club Bead Show

I also found out this morning that a bead show, that I was hoping to participate in for the first time this year, has been cancelled.  Our local bead club always has a show in mid-September and I've attended it for a number of years.  This was the year I was going to actually get a booth and give it a try, but now that will not be happening.   

Back to drawing board on that one.  I'll have to research additional venues for the summer months and see how it goes.

Is Septemberfest Ready For Me?

On a positive note, I have submitted my application to Septemberfest, which is a large arts and crafts show in Schaumburg every year.  It's a great show and I hope it works out that I can display there for my first time.  

I won't find out about this until May 1st, so think happy thoughts for me until then.

Have a great night and a terrific weekend!

No comments: