Saturday, February 9, 2008

New Website Update - A Bit Under The Weather

Today the new web site took a major new step toward being my only website with addition of the new Jewelry Galleries page and the What's New section which is a blog about web updates, announcements and other items of interest.

In the Jewelry Galleries, I have put up the inaugural galleries for my 2007 designs with many more past and present galleries scheduled over the next few days and weeks.  These galleries are categorized by Earrings, Necklaces, Bracelets and Pendants, Sets and More which are all other types of designs which do not fit into those categories including my popular pendant and earring sets.

The What's New blog section will contain announcements and news items that will be of interest to the viewers of the web site.  While there will be some overlap in content with this blog, it probably will not be a day-to-day blog as this one is.  Be sure to check it out though since I will probably have different items on the two blogs rather than just one being a copy of the other.  

I'll have to see how having two blogs works out and try to keep them both updated and interesting.  Of course, the new blog, like this one, supports RSS feeds so you can be notified immediately when changes are made if you subscribe to it.

In addition to the content update of the new web site, I have put in the transfer of the domain to point to the new web site as instructed by DotMac.  It may take up to 48 hours for the change to take effect, but I keep checking the link often to see if it changes.  Considering I did it on a weekend, it may be a bit longer.  

Fighting Off A Cold

For the past few days, I've been coming down with a cold that I've not been able to shake off which is affecting my productivity this weekend.  I was hoping to have some torch time today since I only needed a little bit of time to finish up the updates I started on my partial day off thanks to the snow storms we've had.  

Alas, I just didn't have the energy today.  Instead I took a nice long nap which was very nice, but doesn't help me get anything new into the shop or have items to show you.

I've got a new bead design that I am planning on making plus some new pink roses for a custom order, so let's hope that I feel better tomorrow and can actually get some things done.  I may also create a couple of sculptural leaf bead sets for Spring.

So, Please send me happy thoughts, and I'll let you know how everything turns out tomorrow sometime.


No comments: