Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Don't Tell Anyone, But I've Spiked The Punch!

Have you seen the punch yet?  Well,  here it is.

This little pastel bead, entitled "Spiked Punch", was quite the hit when I took it into work the other morning.  While I knew it was a cute little focal bead, I wasn't expecting the ladies to really take to it as much.

Created from a citrus punch odd lot glass as its base, it has been dotted with copper green which has been completely melted into the bead.

Raised dots of light ivory were then stacked on top each dot to create this fun little work of art.

While it is not etched, it does appear to have a bit more of a matte finish which may be due to the glass reactions with the copper green or just the time it took to create the bead.  It did not devitrify (evaporate some of the metal from the glass) like some other colors tend to do when they produce a non-etched matte finish.

I guess I won't try to analyze, just enjoy it.  This bead will be in my Etsy shop tomorrow morning, which, by the way, has been reorganized into new bead categories.  

I'm hoping the new sections will make it easier to find the various kinds of beads you might be looking for without having to go through pages and pages of beads.

I hope you get a chance to stop by my shop sometime or just drop me a line.   I always love hearing from you.

2 comments:

Smokeylady60 said...

I love all the dots you have been doing

Lloyd said...

Thank you Smokeylady!

They've been a nice change of pace, and I hope that others like them too!

Thanks for your note,

Lloyd