Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More Rose Colored Glasses!

Time off for snow!

Well, you all must have been praying a lot last night after my post because, while I did go into work in the morning, it was snowing so much noon they had to send everyone home due to deteriorating conditions on the roads.

It was unexpected and quite welcome for a change in the work week, and did allow me to get a lot work done on bringing up the new Jewelry galleries on the new web site.  I was able to organize the 2007 jewelry pictures, split them into galleries, set up the new jewelry navigation and pages and import a few of the galleries.

I have one more page that needs to be added to the site before I can bring up the inaugural jewelry galleries.  I haven't posted the changes yet, but they will be coming shortly.

Spray Of Roses Set

The third and final installment in the Rose orders that I've created for one of my clients is called "Spray Of Roses" and features a large lentil pendant and matching earrings.

The large lentil that is the focal of the pendant is adorned with green leaves with delicate striping detail.  Across these leaves, the three red roses are in full bloom and migrate in the opposite direction of the leaves creating a sort of "X".  This pattern is repeated on other side of the pendant as well.

The set of earrings is a shrunken down version of this pendant in that the same patterns on those lentil beads is also represented on a smaller scale.  Actually, the pendant was a blow-up of the earrings rather than the earrings being a shrunk down version because I made the earrings first and then designed the larger version for the pendant.

As with the other two sets, the pendant and earrings are strung on sterling silver wire and sterling lever-back earring findings.  Black onyx beads and zinc flower spacers finish the design of these pieces.

The challenges of these sets was a bit daunting to me initially, but I'm so glad I accepted the challenge and worked through the design issues to create these pieces.  Not only does it give me another design to add to my skill set, but also the confidence to tackle other challenges.

I  hope you're all coping with the horrible weather that is ravaging the country and that you and yours are all warm, safe and sound.

Have a great night!

No comments: