Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My 100th Posting!

Well, I cannot believe it, but this is my 100th posting on my blog. It's quite a milestone for me since I didn't know what I would have to write about initially, but I just decided to jump in and talk about my passions--glass, lampworking, and creating beautiful art.

While there have been a few bumps along the way as I have been getting my feet wet in blogging, I am very happy that it has been interesting enough to keep folks like yourself coming back to it over the past several months.

I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me and please keep the comments coming to the blog. I love hearing from you whether you like something of mine or don't. Just feel free to jump in whenever you like!

Now on to the art...

Don't Get Sunburned!

This has been a very productive night. I've managed to make up several sets of new earrings and will be posting a set into my Etsy Shop tomorrow morning!

This vibrant red set is called "Bahama Sunburn" owing to the fact that the blues that run and ripple across the beads remind me of the clean, blue waters around the Bahamas and that sunburns are red. Sounds like a nursery rhyme doesn't it?

Oceans are blue.
Sunburns are red.
If this was your skin,
You'd probably be DEAD!

How's that for cheerful?

The earrings are strung on sterling silver wire and leverback findings along with black onyx beads and zinc stars for the extra pop in the design. These fun and colorful beads (the picture does not do the colors justice, but it's as close as I can get it) would look stunning at any summer event you may want to attend!

This set of earrings was made using a new color that I'm trying out from nice folks at Creation Is Messy (CIM). I have used several of their colors in the past and this new one I really like. It's called "Sangre" and is a very lovely shade which works up so nicely.

I can't wait to try it out as fins on a fish or some other creation. Check out their new colors HERE.

I've got more of their colors coming up in other earring designs that I've been working on, so keep an eye out for CIM. They have some really great glass.

Have a great night, and I hope you can stop by My Shop when you get a chance!

Chat soon!

No comments: