Monday, December 10, 2007

Flaming Success!

Saturday's torching session went very well and I am very pleased that I was able to complete a couple custom orders as well as create several new hollow sets in transparent spring colors for my Etsy shop.

The pictures are from the first set going into the shop in the morning, and as you can see, they are quite a colorful set.

This set is called Easter Festival I, and consists of 5 large hollow beads in the bright transparent colors of (L -> R) Tangerine, Blue Lagoon, African Violet, Apricot Sorbet and Tuscany Olive. The beads were created using clear glass, and then rolled in frits of various transparent colors, which gives them a great mottled texture.

Hollow beads are much lighter than beads of this size would normally, but do not let their delicate nature fool you. These beads are quite strong and can be used in a number of great jewelry designs.

As the set name implies, this is actually just Part I of the Easter Festival set, so stay tuned for part II later in the week!

If you have any questions or would like to suggest topics, I can be reached through this blog or through my web site or shop at:


Have a great evening!

No comments: