Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Sleeping Giant Stirs

Wow, it has been a long time since I've posted on here.  Sorry folks!

As you can probably tell from my previous post (back in 2009!), I was getting a bit fed up with the whole glass thing and had some definite frustration building.

A complete break was required. (I tend to be an achiever-which means I pressure myself to death!)


So what did I do with 2010?

Aside from renewing existing listings on Etsy from time to time and taking stock of my glass inventory, I explored another avenue for a bit.  Knitting. 


Knitting enabled me to continue expressing myself creatively while not being in the basement, I mean, glass studio, alone for hours at a time.  I could watch TV, chat with Robert, my partner, and interact like a normal person all the while still being creative.

So, since March of last year I have made these three sweaters:




 I'm also working on a new scarf from yarn and a pattern that I received at Christmas.  It should be completed shortly.  After that, I've got a sock class coming in the first week of February that I'm looking forward to. 

Still busy, still creative.  But this blog is about glass, right?

Yes, it is, and my desire for the torch has begun to rekindle now that I've been away from it for so long.

New design ideas for pendants and beads are starting to take shape once again and I feel like I can finally get back to glass and see where it takes me this time.

The sleeping giant is indeed waking up again, and this time I'll work more at having fun and not worry so much about the rest of it.

(That's what I keep telling myself, anyway)

No comments: